Looking for things you could do to put this part of your Promise into action? There are number of ways we can develop programs to include environment learning activities and get recognition for the achievements.
Across the globe, Scouts are working towards a world where:
- People and natural systems have clear water and clean air
- Sufficient natural habitat exists to support native species
- The risk of harmful substances to people and the environment are minimised; and
- People are prepared to respond to environmental hazards and natural disasters
The environment is central to the Scout Programme and a key element of developing good citizens of the world.
Each of the sections have significant badge work devoted to the environment, and internationally, Scouts is heavily involved in promoting responsible enjoyment of the environment and the World Scout Environment Program provides a foundation for environment education in Scouting.
The World Scout Environment Program includes:
- Principles and aims for environment education in Scouting
- Framework for education and the World Scout Environment Badge
- Programme activity resources
- SCENES – Scout Centres of Excellence for Nature and Environment
- Scouts of the World Award
More information can be found on the Environment Micro site